Today I tried the next challenge: Set out 4 cones or barrels, can you weave your horse through them up and down TWICE in walk, without using the stick? If this is easy, try the trot!
Easy ;)
He did great again, did it in walk twice no problemo, then in trot both ways again :D I picked up the stick once in trot, but he knew what it meant and i didnt have to do anymore than lift it up a little.
Also today we played with the jumps and I was also trying to get him to yoyo back and wait longer, without eating or trying to come in. we managed 30 seconds.. sounds small but its aaages for a speed hungry extrovert!! Did the same with sideways.. sideways a few steps then stop and wait for the next thing, rather than just hurry over for a reward. I think he started to see rest as a reward too :D
Thumbs up for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What about a new blog entry? You haven't written thing for a while.
ReplyDeleteIsabelle
Parelli Regional Correspondent-Australia