Tuesday, 19 January 2010

LBE's are FUN...

So general's been doing his stretches and all his new exercises, they've been going pretty well. He's so clever, his carrot stretches are so simple to him and he does it with hardly any help from me :) i'm making it into a trick, so I say left.. he stretches left, i say right, he stretches right, up, down, twist etc etc. he stretched to the left when i said it last night :) woohoo!
One of his new exercises is to lift his left legs up as high as he can. She recomended raised poles, but they are WAAAY to boring for him and after doing them once or twice he just demolishes them... lol! so I tried putting travel boots on his left legs, as last time he had them on he was hopping about and definitely raising his legs high! so i put them on.. guess what... he walked normally. no problem at all. didnt lift up high, just walked as if they weren't there. clever horse??? i'm sure i heard him laugh at me...

So at the moment I'm having to just pick his feet up and stretch them, its not ideal as he's supposed to do it for 10-15 minutes and by about 3 minutes my back aches and he's fed up. any ideas?

Haven't had much playtime as the weather has been awful... again... I need to move somewhere nicer :D I had a play on sunday morning, general was mega right brained though and leaping off the walls, i got very worn out brining my energy up but we got there in the end and he was very nice to play with. we just practiced maintaining gait on the circle, weave, figure 8 and sideways (which, may I say, was the BEST i've ever seen him do! Really straight without a fence and concentrating real hard! love him!!)

Gotta love those mischevious, playful, but so so lovely LBE's :D :D

Tonight I'm off to a parelli social meeting :) can't wait to meet loads of other like minded people and get some ideas!!!

savvy smiles x

No comments:

Post a Comment