I've been doing lots of it :D I played with General on saturday and i was sitting on the fence getting him to come sideways to me for mounting, then played the 7 games while up there (my chance to be lazy!) then he came to me, put his head in my lap and fell asleep :) it was so sweet. we sat there for about 20 minutes, just sharing a moment, having a cuddle and realising how little of this we do. So after that I made a plan to spend more quality time with him. So everyday after school i've been just giving him cuddles, sitting in his stable while he eats, chatting to him, grooming for longer etc etc. I've seen some good results, he's been really calm the past couple of days :) We had the farrier to do his shoes yesterday and he was such a good boy, didn't fidget once. I'm so grateful that we have such a nice farrier though, he's very quiet with them :)
Played with Holly on saturday too and focused on her spanish walk, its getting there, just looks really messy at the moment! I had a BFO sideways game related, we've always had trouble with it. I was in front of her and thought about moving her hind quarters, so suggested with the stick and she moved. then i thought hmm, how about the front, so i drove the front end. she moved. slowly but very surely, we ended up with a few steps of sideways :) :) why didnt i think of breaking it down like that before??? *slaps head and says DOH!* haha.
Hopefully i will get some more undemanding time with them this week. Not long now til i can ride my boy again!! Yahoooo!!!
savvy smiles x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment