Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Hello!!

Havent posted in a while so thought i ought to :)

General was supposed to have his back checked on friday but the woman got kicked by a horse earlier in the day so she was out of action!! keep her in your prayers!! she's hoping to be ok for this friday, i hope so because i really want to start riding my boy again!

Playing has been limited, its been so rainy and cold i just cant get the motivation. when i do, its so muddy and slippery that i cant keep general's mind active and he gets bored, and holly is NOT a fan of playing in mud (who is?). I've had a couple of short sessions but its very difficult. I really hope spring is going to show its face soon!

I have however been trying to teach general something. I've practiced mainly in the stable where its warm and dry haha. i want to get him to bow when i tap his leg with the carrot stick, i have to say its not going exactly to plan...
So he will bow if i lift his leg and lean backwards. He will stay there long enough for me to get on and then he'll stand up. So thats really cool! I'd like to get him to do it when i tap so i can try when i'm on board. he WILL lift his leg when i tap... sometimes. other times he just stands there staring into space as i tap his leg over and over, then finally lift it myself. The other day, i was chatting to someone at the yard, i accidently knocked (and i mean such a light touch, i hardly felt it) his lower leg with my heel. and he lifts his leg. honestly, he is too clever for me and CONSTANTLY outsmarting me!!!

anyway, I'm off for now, got school :(

savvy smiles x

No comments:

Post a Comment