Saturday, 13 February 2010

Play session, rode general (!!), savvy club DVD and new recruits!

I had a great morning, played with general online for a bit then i took the halter off and put the 22ft line round his neck (where savvy string goes) and played like that. ive never done it before so i didnt know how well he'd respond but i'm so glad i did! he spent a few minutes in utter confusion, he couldnt understand why he had no halter on yet i was somehow still attached to him lol! but soon he started to really get it and i played all seven games and some lateral flexion too :) he responded really well to having the pressure on his neck rather than his head, so hopefully (maybe) might be able to ride him in just the savvy string this year :D its a step in the right direction!!

I also got on him today too! First time in 3 months! he was really, really good :) i was only on for a couple of minutes but i didnt want to over do it. I'm going to ride again tomorrow, he's such a star!!!

I've been doing lots of parelli studying recently, i've re watched my horsenality dvd from success series (definitely one of my favourites!) and got some more ideas about the horses. I also watched my level 2 online dvd again, and some savvy club dvds :) i really like the newest one with DR Miller, he's got some great philosiphies and very interesting to listen to! i loved his talk on his experiences with pat too!

Savvy times has been shipped!!! cant wait!!!

I've got 2 new people into parelli, one lady is really keen and she's ordered all her stuff and joined the SC, cat wait for them all to get started, i wont be a loner anymore!!! We're hoping to have 1* instructor Stacy Atkins out in the spring to get them started and give me a lesson with general :) cant wait!

anyway, off for now, hope everyone is coping with the horrible winter!!

savvy smiles x

No comments:

Post a Comment