Tuesday, 16 March 2010

WHAT A WEEK!

General has been doing so well this week, our riding is improving and we've started trotting again now, with no problems!! He is a lot more willing, he's offering more and more each time. Both of us are out of practice, for example when we are riding along I accidently switch off of my balance point, and he goes around with his nose in the air. We sort of have to remind each other, then its like oohhhhhh yeah, i remember now :)
Hoping to get him out off the yard for a hack this weekend, and maybe, just MAYBE attempt a little canter. It depends on how he and I are feeling ;)

Me, mum and Pam took the horses up into a different field off the yard this weekend, i was walking, other two riding. We all had an awesome time, It was a lovely open field with a big hill and mum and pam did some cantering then had a race up the hill - it was so funny! Holly and Robbie really enjoyed it, I dont think I've ever seen a LBI run so fast in my life!!
Poor general and I were a bit disapointed we couldnt join in, but hey, not long now :) We had a nice time playing on line, he was loving the new location and leaping around all over the place haha. He was very motivated and willing which was lovely.

I've been playing and riding pretty much everyday, last night he was a star again and even though a little less 'active' than usual, he was attentive and responsive, just had a lot more whoa than go. I have to praise that though, as it doesnt occur very often!!

Hope everyone is well! We've been having such fantastic weather, horses and people are all in much better moods!

Savvy Smiles x

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Good for you Naomi :). I'm Sonnyandlauren from the savvy club forum in case you were wondering ;).

    ~Lauren, Sonny, and Toby

    ReplyDelete