When I got back from holiday I was greeted by a none too pleasant thing.. my poor ginger horsey was not too good! I had no idea what was up with him, he looked fine on the ground, other than a bit of stiffness on tight turns, but riding, he was soo weird! He wasn't lame, and everyone who watched him said he looks fine, but I knew there was something not quite right. He wasn't happy, he would trot along feeling strained and his body felt out of sync.
I had a back specialist come to see him, and all was revealed.
Its his pelvis.
Again.
D: D: D:
She put him right, but said he's gonna be one sore horse for a while because he has got so used to being 'wrong', that it will feel weird now and the muscles all have to build back up.
He had a week off, poor boy to start with I couldnt even brush his back it hurt so bad, but finally, he was able to start again. So now he's on 20 minute hacks everyday, NO ground play allowed (!!), only straight lines. Poor thing, he's so bored, and so am I!! But he's been a star, hasnt complained.. well until today of course!!
was riding out and we had an 'Oh Boy!' moment. He played up in dominance, I think he was finally telling me 'Mum, this is booooooooooooooring!!!', and thankfully I hopped off in time, as he threw in a few lovely rears just after! He's not supposed to do that.. he needs to get better! darn LBE's!!
Anyway, I'm gonna bite the bullet and play with him thursday, it will have been 2 weeks since his manipulation, and I think he will be ok to do some gentle stuff. he just needs to have his mind played with again. Hacking on a loose rein in walk is NOT his idea of fun.. Or mine lol.
So yes. All good stuff :/
Joey, on the other hand, is doing great. He's had 3 rides on him now, all very good, he's becoming much more level headed now and spends more time in left brain land than right brain - woohoo!! Progress!!
hehe.
savvy smiles x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment