Saturday, 31 July 2010

so much fun!!

isnt it so much fun to just play and not ask anything new of your horse? This evening General and I went out into the playground and just messed around for an hour or so. We played all 7 games with new variations, like driving/squeeze over a jump with me in zone 5, also tried out my makeshift see-saw.. HA well the wood wasnt strong enough and the whole thing collapsed! General gave me the 'MUUUUMMMM what are you like?' face ;)
Then I was TRYING to just let him graze and spend some undemanding time, but he had other ideas.. he kept veering onto the pedestal xD So we spent UDT.. on the pedestal. he was so cute. we just cuddled and talked - awh!

Then I walked away and sort of expected him to just follow me back to the yard. He stayed on the pedestal, giving me the puppy eyes 'but mum I wanna play some more!' I turned to him, and combed the rope gently with no pressure on it. And he pricked his ears, got off the pedestal and TROTTED to me!! he was licking and chewing and looking really excited to come to me!!! then he stopped at the right place and rested his head on my stomach, it was soooo cute!!! I wanted to cry!!! I love him so much.

Going on holiday tomorrow :) :(
The reason why I put two faces is because im happy and excited for it... but im going to miss my little boy so much. I hope he doesnt mind having 4 days off!! So glad we ended on a high tonight, put me in SUCH a positive mood for going away :D :D

savvy smiles x

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing, Naomi! Sounds as if you had a really fun play session...

    As you say, its so important to sometimes play, and not expect anything new.

    Have a good holiday!

    Kerrin Koetsier
    Parelli Central

    P.S. I've started following you on my personal blog (www.kerrinkhorses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerrin, sorry for late reply!

    Definitely agree with you there!

    I am now following you :D

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete