We had a tough couple of weeks, I had a lot of decisions, a lot of tests on my trust, faith and emotional fitness with a lot of things, not just my horse! But, we've come out the other end in once piece and stronger than we went in.
Me and General are doing well, we're hacking out loads, just spending time! Whether its alone, or with friends, we're having fun :D His insecurities from racing are gradually fading, he is starting to accept other horses riding next to him, and yesterday we had our first trot alongside another horse, he was fantastic and didnt even think about racing. I was so happy!!
I have taken on Joey now as my big project, playing with him daily and putting him through 'Boot Camp'. He is doing so well, his confidence is getting so much better as is his response to pressure. Hopefully it wont be too long before I can start his ridden training, but not until he's ready :)
Off on holiday next week, so no playing for a few days :( HOWEVER that means lots of time to spend thinking up new play sessions, ideas and savvy thoughts. woohoo!
savvy smiles x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment