Thursday, 20 January 2011

Savvy Challenge Number 1 - Thinking outside the box

So, today I tried the first savvy challenge with General 'How can you use the porcupine game to guide your horse forwards and backwards over a pole?'


Instead of just using the pole on the ground, i put it up on some jump wings to make a jump :) First I played circling game over it to get him comfortable with the jump then began the challenge. I tood on one side of the jump and he was on the other. I yoyo-ed him backwards and I also walked backwards. Then I put an ounce of pressure on the rope (porcupine, follow a feel) and ran backwards and he cantered up and over the jump, stopped, backed up by porcupine on his chest and I kept him backing until he knocked the pole off, then over it :)


Savvy Challenge Number 2: Set out 4 cones or barrels, can you weave your horse through them up and down TWICE in walk, without using the stick? If this is easy, try the trot!


savvy smiles x

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your savvy challenges. I'm going to have to steal them to give my play some purpose. I have not played since Sunday so I'm certainly looking forward to some time out there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think them up for everyone to try, so go for it!!! hope you have fun :)

    ReplyDelete