Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Snow+rain+some more snow+f-f-f-freeeezing cold....

= very moody horses and a very unmotivated owner!

We did get a nice day though, on sunday :D I played lots online with general and we had fun, i havent been working on anything in particular just messing, i really really want to get back into riding him now and seeing how we get on. He started all his neck snaking, head between knees game again sunday night, gahhh, so i need to take a step back and go even slower. Its times like these i wish he was an introvert!! its bloomin impossible to go this slow with a LBE and not get 'those looks' :/

anyway. we'll just keep trying!! Another woman at the yard, Pam, has got all her dvds on order, and her equipment came last week. she cant wait to get started with her RBE Robbie, I cant either! cant wait to have another savvy friend so close :)

Still awaiting my savvy times, i need it :(

I'm sad to say me and holly are no longer 'partners' as such, my mum has taken her on full time, she doesnt do parelli but it was getting too confusing for holly to be doing parelli with me and not for mum. So I decided the best option was to give her up and let mum do everything with her. They get on really well, and have a great relationship, mum's always 'clicked' better with holly than i have. So wish them luck!! i have a feeling, once i get a job and start helping out money and time wise, mum might get into parelli. I hope so!!

Other exciting news.. might be getting a new horse in the summer :D Its not set in stone but its an idea floating around. I'll have my own job by then and should theoretically be able to afford another, the plan is to get a baby or a rescue and start from the beginning :) We'll see what happens!!

off for now, please pray for some better weather round here :/

savvy smiles x

2 comments:

  1. General sounds like an interesting challenge!
    I remember watching Linda Parelli working with a horse that made dominant posturing towards her, similar to the head snaking you mentioned that General did. She would immediately stop him with a shake of the line and take all pressure off when he gave her a curious expression. She would send him again and as soon as he made the dominant expression she would stop him again until he finally started licking and chewing.

    This may not be what your guy needs, but I just finished watching this so I thought I'd mention it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info, if you know where i can find the video that'd be great!! he only seems to do it when i ride, though.. hmmm... how interesting lol :)

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete